Extended Care (Before and After School Care)
FBCA recognizes the busyness of parent schedules. Our Before and After School Care program provides a safe place for students to be supervised from 6:00-8:30 a.m. and from 3:15-6:00 p.m.
when parents need flexibility in dropping off and picking up their children.
Our Early Childhood Director is happy to answer any questions you may have regarding our Before and After Care program. We also invite you to schedule a visit so that you can view our program for yourself. Follow this link for a detailed program overview.
Elementary Extended Care Program Overview
- Children must be enrolled in classes at FBCA.
- Parents may submit the Extended Care Enrollment Form to the Elementary office in August.
- Parents may choose Before AND After School care, ONLY Before Care, or ONLY After Care. Care is available 6:00-8:30 a.m. and 3:15-6:00 p.m.
- Children are cared for by FBCA staff that has passed a criminal record check with the Missouri State Highway Patrol. Employees are members of First Baptist Church O’Fallon or a church of like faith. In addition, a part of the hiring process includes a doctrinal survey, which indicates the person’s beliefs about Christ and how His teachings apply to their everyday lives.
- Children who arrive before 7:00 a.m. may bring their breakfast; FBCA does NOT provide or have available breakfast food.
- Activities may include group play, TV, board, board and card games, reading and homework completion.
- Class begins at 8:30. Children will remain in the Annex Building until 8:10 and then will be escorted to the Elementary Building.
- When class ends at 3:15 a snack will be served; weather permitting they will go to the playground. In cold/rainy weather they will go to the Annex Building.
- For security purposes children MUST be signed in upon arrival and signed out before you take your child from the premises.
- Only children who are currently enrolled in extended care are eligible for attendance on Snow, Day Care Only, and Early Dismissal Days. There will be an additional charge for care given during the time the children would ordinarily be in class.
- There may be a time when a parent needs childcare before or after school even though their child is not enrolled in extended care. We can accommodate this on an emergency basis only. The charge for this care is high in order to discourage parents from using this service as a childcare alternative.
- All kindergarten children should have a change of clothing in their backpack in case of an accident. Please place a complete set of clothing in a Ziploc bag with their name on it. As seasons change, please update the spare set.
Before AND After School Care $63 per week ($12.60 per day)
This care is 6:00-8:30 a.m. AND 3:15-6:00 p.m.; this fee will be prorated if care is needed less than 5 days
Before OR After School Care $52.50 per week ($10.50 per day)
This care is 6:00-8:30 a.m. OR 3:15-6:00 p.m.; this fee will be prorated if care is needed less than 5 days
EARLY DISMISSAL DAYS ADDITIONAL CHARGES
Children enrolled in Before AND After Care – $7.50
Children enrolled in Before OR After Care – $9.00
SNOW DAYS and DAY CARE ONLY DAYS
Only children who are regularly enrolled in extended care are eligible for attendance on Snow Days and Day Care Only days. On these days there will be an additional charge for care given during the time the children would ordinarily be in class.
Children enrolled in Before AND After Care – $15
Children enrolled in Before OR After Care – $18
EMERGENCY EXTENDED CARE
There may be a time when a parent needs childcare before or after school even though their child is not enrolled in extended care. We can accommodate this on an emergency basis. The cost for this care is high in order to discourage parents from using this service as a childcare alternative. We must know how many children we will serve in order to provide adequate staffing. That would be impossible if we allowed “drop ins”.
The following charges are per day when emergency care is needed:
Emergency Extended Care – $16 per child
Emergency Care on Day Care Only Day – $36 per child
Half Day on Day Care Only Day (not including lunch) – $20 per child